This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Alternate Paths Not Being Set

1 reply to this topic

IFRobert

IFRobert
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 19:05

Hi

I have three features. One installs at INSTALLDIR, the others at DIR1 and DIR2. These are locations defined in the directory table and show up in "Destination" in the Setup Design view of the items in the feature.

I want to over write the paths with other paths. Usefull for differences in PC configureations.

Have tried a CA that calls a function and uses MSISetProperty. The CA is called just before InsallWelcome. Message boxes (using MSIGetProperty) show me the directory changes were made. However, when installation starts it tries to install to the default directories.

I used the Event/Argument on a button of a dialog. Was successfull with seting the INSTALLDIR using SetTargetPath event. But I have not been able to set new values for the DIR1 and DIR2 directories.

thank you,
Robert

IFRobert

IFRobert
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 00:11

I think I have figured it out.

Directories can not be set in the installscript. But setting properties in the installscript and then using these properties in a dialog's event/value is the way to set directory paths. So I can gather from this that directories in the directory table are no like properties and can not be set in an installscript?!? It is also important to use SetTargetPath after each directory change in the dialog.

thank you,
Robert