This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Files are not deleted at Uninstallation

3 replies to this topic

raghu

raghu
  • Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:34

Hello All,

I have one problem. After uninstalling my product, some files and folders still existing in installation directroy. How to delete those at the time of uninstallation.
one file is .exe and some others are folders.

Please let me know how to do this...

Thanks in Advance...
Raghu.

grisdeya

grisdeya
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 19:50

when your product create .log's, .tmp, .txt.. etc .. etc.. this files doesn't deleted for the setup aplication.. ummh.. may be you could create batch for erase this files.

IFRobert

IFRobert
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 15:09

If there are any files that are not part of the install but are in the install folders, then those files and the install folders will not be deleted.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 00:41

Generally this is caused by one of the following problems: the containing components for the files can be set to be permanent or shared, the files in question might have been generated by the application on launch and not installed by the MSI, the component referencing is wrong in the sense that the same absolute path can be registered to different components.

The first thing I generally try in cases like this is to test on a clean machine and not on a developmen machine. During development you could cause shared ref counts in the registry to be accidentially incremented. This would mess up the reference counting and could cause the problem. After testing clean on a clean machine, if you still see the problem try each of the possible causes listed above. Also test first installing the earliest released version, then the next and the next and finally uninstall (this is a good test to check component referencing validity).
Regards
-Stein Åsmul