This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

INSTALLDIR in upgrade setup.

4 replies to this topic

joegilad

joegilad
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 17:58

Is there a way to automatically retrieve the value of INSTALLDIR from the original setup in a consequent upgrade setup?
I need to run a batch in an upgrade setup and I would expect InstallScript to keep the value of INSTALLDIR for me but it doesn't.
I know I can store the value in the registry myself and read it in the upgrade but I'm wondering if there is another way...

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 22:11

You could use the AppSearch feature to search for the signature of your main EXE, or Installshield MAY have stored the value in ARP:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{GUID}. Look for InstallLocation or similar.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:43

A configurable option in Installshield setups:

ARPINSTALLLOCATION This property stores the fully qualified path to the application's primary folder. You can set ARPINSTALLLOCATION to the value of INSTALLDIR with a custom action of type “Set a property”.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:15

@Stein: your reply applies to MSI projects, but joegilad is using an InstallScript project.

@joegilad: if I recall correctly the value is automatically restored, unless you override this behaviour in your script. As a try remove all your script code, or create a new test project using only the default code, and see if it works.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:32

Sorry! :-). When I use the "recent posts" view these things happen.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul