This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installscript CA

1 reply to this topic

Paperino61

Paperino61
  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 16:18

Using InstallshieldDeveloper8 Evaluation:
I try to build some MSI to assign by GPO [WIN2K]. If I include Installscript CA, when I try to install the MSI [also as administrator] I get error:
"The Installscript engine is missing from this machine. If available, please run ISScript.MSI or contact your...etc etc.."
Actually I'm using ISWI 2.03 and when I create a MSI, the installscript RunTime is included in the MSI; infact the MSI obtained with ISWI 2.03 is big more than 2,5 MB, the same one obtained with Developer 8 is 540 KB.
I can't distribuite ISScript.MSI on all machines: I don't know how to solve my problem.
Help, please
P.S.
I'm very beginner in Installhield use

Thanks for help
Giambattista

Barbara

Barbara
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 November 2002 - 10:33

If you like to use InstallScript CustomActions, you must have the InstallScript engine installed on the computer. Normally, this is managed by the setup.exe. If you are using Developer8, you must use the InstallScript engine coming with this software.
Lately I had difficulties with MSI2.0 and the InstallScript engine comming with the old ISWI 1.2 software. When MSI 2.0 was installed on the computer, I was unable to install the InstallScript engine coming along with ISWI 1.2. The only thing helped was downgrading to MSI 1.2 or using Developer 7 or Developer 8.

Barbara
The difference between theory and practice is larger in practice than in the theory.