This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Registry-How to know which modifications were done

3 replies to this topic

csrossi

csrossi
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 23:25

* We have an application (developed using delphi 7) that is installed in our customers using Installshield 1.5 Professional Bilingual (yet).
* Some times we need to re-install the application and some registry data is retained there even with the Uninstall process being well done and successful.
* In this situations we have problems to re-install the application and we have to investigate in order to delete all the vestigious from the previous installation.
*** Question: Is there a way (a professional software) to identify which modifications are done during an installation process (by installshield, by delphi and even windows,...).
I´ve tried using SPY but I didn´t a reasonable result or I don´t know how to configure the OPTIONS.
Any way, I appreciate any help !! Thanks

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:16

You can use a product with a "snapshot feature" which allows comparison of a before and after state of a computer. You would create a baseline snapshot, install your application, then launch it and ideally use every feature in the application, then you would create another snapshot. Finally you will get a report with whatever changes have been done.

You can download a trial version of Wise Package Studio, or Installshield Admin Studio to accomplish this.

If you are only concerned with registry data, there are simple freeware tools out there that allows the same before and after snapshot comparisons. I think there is one called regshot.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 18:45

Some tools for this purpose are listed at http://www.installsi.../tt_analyze.htm

csrossi

csrossi
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 00:25

Many thanks for all the tips.
I´ll be electing and testing some of those tools !

Thanks again
Clayton Rossi