This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Help required in Silent installation ?

3 replies to this topic

jagdishprabhu

jagdishprabhu
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 07:33

I have a problem in silent installation of a component based project. I do recording to form an iss file. I have used sdComponentTree to selecting / deselecting certian items. The script reads it properly but does not take deselections into considerations. It installs everything.

My iss file looks like below for that tree deselection :
[{8CC14B60-2B3B-11D6-B3DB-0050BA3C611D}-SdComponentTree-0]
szDir=C:\Program Files\EGSoft\Yield Mask
Client-type=string
Client-count=5
Client-0=Client\MaskMapComponent
Client-1=Client\DatasetBuilderComponent
Client-2=Client\MaskGalleryComponent
Client-3=Client\ImageGalleryComponent
Client-4=Client\ChartComponent
SystemComponent-type=string
SystemComponent-count=1
SystemComponent-0=SystemComponent\ProxyStubs
Component-type=string
Component-count=2
Component-0=Client
Component-1=SystemComponent
Result=1

Now while reading i use:
if (MODE=SILENTMODE) then
SdMakeName(svSection,"SdComponentTree","",nComponentTree);
SilentReadData(svSection, "szDir", SilentReadData(svSection, "Component-0", DATA_STRING,svSys, nTemp );

When i use DATA_COMPONENT it aborts.
Kindly suggest what could be the problem?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 15:05

Well I've never used SilentReadData/SilentWriteData, but the help file says it's for custom dialogs, and SdComponentTree is NOT a custom dialog.
user posted image

jagdishprabhu

jagdishprabhu
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 06:01

I know that sdComponentTree is inbuilt dialog provided by InstallShield but still it does not read the data correctly and installs all the components. Hence the problem.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 15:51

Well one of your problems was saying that using DATA_COMPONENT caused it to abort, so I was pointing out the fact that the way I read the help you can't correctly use SilentReadData/SilentWriteData since SdComponentTree is NOT a custom dialog.

If you're simply trying to retrieve the selection status for components, call ComponentIsItemSelected instead.

Now, back to your real problem, looking at your ISS file I don't see any de-selections being taken into account, or are those items simply not being listed? 'cause I do use silent setups, but I've never tried to deselect components. I just take the defaults.
user posted image