This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

need to force reboot at end of inst.

2 replies to this topic

SirMorris

SirMorris
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 21:12

Hello world,

I am giving myself an aneurism trying to work out how to signal that a reboot should occur at the end of my install.

It is a question answered many times on this board, and I understand that I must either place a REBOOT property in the msi database or add a ScheduleReboot action to the sequence table.

Having created my installer using a VS.NET setup project I don't want to have to edit the .msi file manually with orca in any way after compilation. However I don't see how I can modify the database tables as part of the setup project.

If there are no project options, then perhaps it can be achieved programatically? I have written a custom action class in c# which takes care of my special requirements post install. Is there a way to flag the need for a reboot from Install(), or possibly at Commit() time?

If anyone can tell me how I can achieve this, I'll be eternally grateful!

Many thanks in advance,
Charlie

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 02:41

Please see my other reply.

SirMorris

SirMorris
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 10:58

..and indeed my reply to that reply.. over in the custom action forum.

Thanks!!

(C: