This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Help to Upgrade

3 replies to this topic

tudnfotech

tudnfotech
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 04:44

Hi all,
i am using installshield 12 for building setup package for my project
there's a problem that when i try to run setup.exe to upgrade old version it just update new file and folder but the execute file still old although it was made new execute file

i think that is problem in upgrade setting but i don't know what have to do
so please help me to do it

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 11:09

Did you perform update validation in InstallShield? DId you create a log file of the update (see http://www.msifaq.com/a/1022.htm)? In the log, look for SELMGR errors. You might be violating some component update rules. So you may ned to do a Major Upgrade instead of a small or minor.

tudnfotech

tudnfotech
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 09:54

for these properties i did. but it didn't work.
so i want to know how i have to set for properties of setupackage to make new Installation that it can upgrade oldversion and can remove all existing files in target machine and replace new file in there.
althought i changed packagecode and it promped Upgrade setting but there's no change in target machine , the old files still exist in targetmachine so it makes Upgrade function is not ok.

Can you help me,
thank against

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:11

You need to change PackageCode and ProductCode but keep the UrgradeCode unchanged for a Major Upgrade. In addition you need to add a Major Upgrade Item in the Upgrades view.