This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstall issue

3 replies to this topic

dan

dan
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 April 2001 - 16:01

In a recent project I needed to create an install which had a total of ten individual seperate application
exes. Inorder to create  an uninstall entry for each exe
I created a seperate file group and component  folder for each exe and created lists to hold the app name, app exe path and exe version number. The script code does the job nicely. It creates all required uninstall entries in the Add/Remove Programs list. Inorder to update to a newer exe I removal of the older exe through here is recommended. And it works fine. I can remove all the exes however when I arrive at a particular one for some reason Uninstaller informs me that it can't remove this exe because it detected it is in use. But my main application which calls this one is not running at all.
does any one have any idea whats going on?
Any suggestions or ideas are welcome.
Thank you for your attention.

lasenbby

lasenbby
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 01 May 2001 - 14:36

Do you have its property as shared or potentially locked?

cmyanko

cmyanko
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 June 2001 - 18:51

I have seen virus protection software make files appear to be 'in use'. I know we beat our heads for a lng time before we figured that one out!