This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

New actions after conversion

3 replies to this topic

JoeThompson

JoeThompson
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 January 2002 - 19:37

I have recently converted a project from ISWI 2.01 to ISDev 7.02.  I notice in both the User Interface and Execute sequences there are new custom actions:
ISCleanUpSuspend
ISMsiServerStartup
etc.
I also noticed that when I tested the installation for the first time, I was prompted to first install isscript.exe.
I have alot of code written in InstallScript.

My questions are:
Did I always need isscript.exe?
Can I get rid of it and those custom actions?
Is it better to leave them and require the extra step during installation?

Thank you,
Joe

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 January 2002 - 19:54

You need the InstallScript engine if you have custom actions written in InstallScript or if you are using the Standard projects type (as opposed to the Basic MSI type). However the installation of the engine should work automatically in most cases (if you choose to include it in your build)

JoeThompson

JoeThompson
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 January 2002 - 20:02

When you say "automatically" do you mean by running setup.exe or by just double clicking XXX.msi?  Also, how did my custom actions run before (in ISWI 2.01) if I didn't have the isscript installed?

Thank you,
Joe

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 January 2002 - 20:23

By running setup.exe.
In ISWI the engine setup was added to your msi file behind the scenes (you can notice it's size grow).