This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uinstall requires the CD

5 replies to this topic

Thomas Eskesen

Thomas Eskesen
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 10:12

Hi

When uninstalling (Removing) my program, installed with Windows Installer it always requires the original CD in the drive!!!!
Can I avoid this?
(Without having to copy the entire CD to the harddrive (like InstallShield does))

I'm using InstallShield WindowsInstaller 2.03.

Regards,
Thomas Eskesen

rbrinda

rbrinda
  • Full Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 November 2001 - 23:35

You can choose to save the installation database ie., the .msi file during installation. During uninstall, you can then browse and choose this .msi file which will be in ur product's installdir.

Scott Mayham

Scott Mayham
  • Full Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 November 2001 - 17:40

How, exactly does one do that?  It sounds like something I would like to do as well.

rbrinda

rbrinda
  • Full Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 November 2001 - 21:33

1) creating a dialog to get the user's input whether to save the database or not

2) Then, writing a custom action which will copy the [PRODUCTNAME].msi file from SOURCEDIR to the INSTALLDIR and add this msi file path to the MSI Product's SourceList (i guess this is in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\PRODUCTCODE\SourceList for Windows 2000).

But I believe this .msi file in the INSTALLDIR will not be removed during uninstall.

godfather

godfather
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2001 - 00:29

You may want to make sure that if you are using the "ResolveSource" Standard Action, you need to make sure that the condition is set to Not Installed.  If it does not have a condition, then it will run all of the time.

Not sure if this is it, but this is what I had wrong when I saw this with my project.

Regards,

Dave

Thomas Eskesen

Thomas Eskesen
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 December 2001 - 08:36

Hi

F.Y.I.

I just tried the new InstallShield Developer 7.02:
When uninstalling: the CD is NOT required anymore!!!
(But there was a lot of other bugs/errors converting my 2.03 project)

Christmas Regards,
Thomas Eskesen