This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MM for updated VisualBasic6 DLLs

2 replies to this topic

tsauerbeck

tsauerbeck
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 10:18

Hi,
in march 2004 Microsoft released a merge module w/ the latest Visual Basic 6 DLLs etc:
Oudated merge module

In april 2005, they updated two of these DLLs but only provided a installer for them, not a new merge module:
Updated DLL package

I'd like to ship my MSI setup with latest DLLs, but I have no clue how to easily put the new DLLs into the merge modules. Is that possible at all?
I'd like to avoid creating my own merge module for these DLLs sad.gif

Thanks for any hints,
Tilman

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 21:43

This package updates two Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Common Controls: mscomctl.ocx and comctl32.ocx to address the issues described in the KB articles noted in the Related Resources section on this page.
This package will not install these Common Controls if they do not already exist on the target system.

In my understanding this means this is not intended to redistribute these files. It's only a patch to fix them. And I guess you are not allowed to redistribute it (check your license agreement or contact Microsoft to be sure). Your customer should probably go to Windows Update to update their system.

tsauerbeck

tsauerbeck
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 11:32

Alright, thanks for your answer smile.gif