This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

InstallShield Compatibility

1 reply to this topic

syedtausif

syedtausif
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 16:41

Hi!!!
I'm Using Installshield 9.0 on a Win XP pc now.. I want to Install Win Vista and Windows 7 in another pc and i want to use the Installshield Dev Studio 9.0 in those pc.. Can u pls tel if Installshield Dev Studio 9.0 is compatible with both Vista and Windows 7 operating system and also can we install the setup files created with Installshield Dev Studio 9.0 in those pc's?

Pls help me out with this... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 21:26

DevStudio is no longer supported, and it never officially supported Vista or Win 7. Also I haven't tried to install or use it on these Windows versions. You could give it a try, but with the enhabced security (DevStudio 9 uses Internet Explorer for some views) it might fail.

MSI setups created with DevStudio 9 should work on Vista and Win 7 (but without specific support for these versions) because compatibility was a very important topic when Microsoft developed and tested Vista and Win 7.

InstallScript setups probably also should work, at least on 32 bit versions of Vista and Win 7. But you should test thoroughly because it's not officially supported.