This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installing features in different locations

1 reply to this topic

Minsc

Minsc
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 15:09

Hi I am currently working on an installshield basic MSI project and came across the need to have 2 features in my install package (one is a licensing service the other is the app itself)

The problem is I need to be able to allow the user to install each feature in a seperate location through the "custom feature" dialog.

However i am running into the problem that both paths are linked to the INSTALLDIR property.

I was wondering if anyone would know of a way to have it so when a feature is selected that the install path of that specific feature is changed and the other features path is unaffected. (I am hoping to stay away from custom created dialogs because of a bad experience on deadline day in the past)

Cheers,

Thanks in advance.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 21:32

For the second feature, specify something like INSTALLDIR2 as destination property. Do the same for the component in this feature.