This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstall causing Office Installer to load

2 replies to this topic

bdingman

bdingman
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 May 2002 - 14:49

I have an install program created in IS 6.22.  The install has already been deployed at several customer sites as version 3.0 of my company's software.  After it was deployed, we found that the uninstall causes problems for customers who have MS Office installed on the computer.  After my uninstall, the Office installer continually appears until Office is 'repaired'.  

In my new version of the same install, which is in IS 6.30, (and version 4.0 of my company's software) the uninstall does not create this MS Office installer problem anymore.  I don't think there are any other changes (like file group properties or components) that fixed the problem.  Perhaps the 6.30 version of IS fixed my problem.

But, if the customer installed the original version of my install(3.0) then upgrades to my new version (4.0), and then uninstalls, the Office installer problem appears.  If they install my new 4.0 version on a fresh machine, the office installer problem does not appear.

So I guess my question is - how do I get the uninstall to uninstall based on the newest install and not the original one?

I can not find exactly what is causing the Office Windows installer to  launch.

MKaiser

MKaiser
  • Full Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 May 2002 - 16:04

Check the PRODUCT_GUID. Apparently this one is the same as one of the Office Package installers.

Regards,
Marko

Blake Miller Wonder

Blake Miller Wonder
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 May 2002 - 19:33

I was also thinking that your product is uninstalling a DLL or other critical file that the MS Office requires.  If the MS Office is wired into the MS Installer, and you delete one of its files, the MS Installer service will trigger the MS Office install to be repaired.  Probably your newer setup does not delete the MS Office file.