This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

InstallMode

1 reply to this topic

agord

agord
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 February 2002 - 19:05

I'm trying to set up my CAs in dependence from InstallMode property value (i.e. Modify/Repair/Remove), but it seems InstallMode is always equal "Typical" as defined in Property table originally.

I traced its value both from immediate and deffered scripts with no difference, but UI (taken from UISample.msi) works fine, of course.

What is wrong?
Is there exist another way to detect Modify/Repair/Remove/Typical/Custom/Complete condition?

Irina

Irina
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 13 February 2002 - 23:22

Hi,
Create the immediatelly custom action type 51 (set property) and set  yours property, for example INSTMODE, as [_IsMaintenance]. This property should have the value of the InstallMode (Reinstall, Changed, Remove), see the MaintenceType dialog. After this you can use the INSMODE property for yours deffered custom action as a condition. Note the name of that deffered custom action should be INSTMODE. In this case you can use this property in the deffered custom action as CustomActionData.