This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Unable to create virtual directory

1 reply to this topic

austinajit

austinajit
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 15:06

Hi,

I am trying to create virtual directory in both Windows 2K Prof and Windows XP using InstallShileld 11.5. Using Basic MSI project.

I tried created required nodes and set all properties in IIS view of InstallShield IDE.

When I execute in the target machine, the files are placed under c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\<Proejctfolder>. Only problem is that the directory is not marked as 'Virtual Directory'.

Am I missing some more setting in IDE to create virtual directory. Please suggest.

Thanks,
Austin.

reddy611

reddy611
  • Full Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 06:50

Hi ,

Open IDE-->select Internet Information Service right side you will see like IIS Configuration menu. Right Click on the IIS Configuration , select Add Web Site Ins, It will create website for you, Then right click on the WebSite select New Virtual directory, It cretes virtual Directory and see the Virtual directory properties here you can select the component which maps Virtual directory files.

And go to start menu,select windows run , type inetmgr press enter, it opens IIS for you. In that select your computer name,you will see web sites folder, select that you will see Default web site folder,expand it.finally you will find virtual directory.

Please let me know if you are not clear with this thing.

Regards,
Reddy611(Prathap)

Edited by reddy611, 06 June 2006 - 07:08.