This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Change button for non-admins

1 reply to this topic

InstallDev

InstallDev
  • Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 16:28

Hi all,

Why Non-admins users can't see the change button in the Add/remove programs. Installation is done by admins either locally or through the active directory.However, if the user doesn't have admin right , the change and remove buttons are hidden(repair is still there).(All buttons are there with an admin account) How I can force the change button to be all the time there?

Note that I tried to run the following command as from a nonadmin account:
msiexec -i {Product code}
I was directed to the maintenance dialog and I was able to change the application configutration....(I wasn't able to remove it which I think is the normal behaviour )

I tried to play with the ADRNOMODIFY property but with no success???

How can I show that change button in the add/remove program?

Any Suggestions....

Thank you very much .....

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 11:54

Add/Remove Programs just reads the options from the registry, at
HKLM(or HKCU)\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
Each subkey of this key contains the settings.

I've heard people using it to tackle the icon-problem in per-user installations (due to a bug in the Windows Installer, per-user installations do not get a proper icon). Apparently they just added a key to the Registry table. You could try the same for the modify button.