This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

RUL filename change causing probs

2 replies to this topic

BobRouse

BobRouse
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 August 2001 - 22:35

When I initially created my install, I had all of my installscript functions in a singe "Setup.rul" file. Based on future needs, I decided to separate the functions into two files, neither of which is named "Setup.rul".

I deleted all of my custom actions which map to the installscript functions, then recreated them (using the same names). When I tried debugging the script, it was trying to call the functions from the original Setup.rul file. I deleted the CAs, then (as a test) changed the function name in the script (yes, the prototype command also) and created a new CA with a different name. I assumed with the new script function name and new CA name there should be no confusion.

Now, when it gets to that CA (again, running in script debug mode), the install just quits, as if it can't find the script function at all.

During this testing period, I've saved and rebuilt the install file between tests. I'm at the point now where the only thing I can think to do is completely recreate the install from the ground up. I'd rather not do this.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Bob Rouse
Netuitive, Inc.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 August 2001 - 23:01

I suggest you keep a setup.rul with #include statements for your other .rul files

BobRouse

BobRouse
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 August 2001 - 14:36

That worked. I wouldn't have thought of that. Thanks very much