This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installing a Web Setup into a a pecific website in

1 reply to this topic

eranre

eranre
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:12

Hello,

We have a website we have been installing on target PC's under the Default Website in IIS. We now want to change the installation so that it installs under a new website.

I have already managed to create and add a dll to the msi (using Orca), which will create the new website as one of the first actions when the msi runs.

We also want to remove the "Address" dialog of the web setup, so that the user does not get the option to choose which site the app is installed under, but rather "hard code" the new website into the msi.

My question is how to do that smile.gif I've been messing about with the DIRCA_TARGETSITE and WEBCA_TARGETSITE parameters/properties, but can't manage to get it exactly right.

Thanks in advance smile.gif

E.

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 00:48

If you are using ORCA, you will need to look at the ControlEvent table but more specifically, the control event that launches the "Address" dialog of your set up.