This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Merge Module Error

3 replies to this topic

Craig

Craig
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2001 - 20:01

Just wondering if anyone has run across this error.
"InstallShield for Windows Installer is unable to start.  Ensure that the Windows Installer engine has been installed properly."
I get this error whenever I try to launch ISWI 2.
It stems from trying to browse for a merge module that was not in the wizard gallery, which caused ISWI to crash.
I posted a bug report to InstallShield and got the usual canned answer... that there is a problem with the merge module... fix it and this problem will go away.

Any suggestions would be appreciated... rebooting does not help, neither does uninstalling/installing ISWI.

Art McKendry

Art McKendry
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 February 2001 - 20:08

Try using Regedit (be careful) and edit or delete the MMSearchpath under: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InstallShield\ISWI\2.0\Project Settings

Get rid of the section with the "bad" MM in it.

Also try pointing to another project in the "Project Location" key.

If this does not work then you are probably looking at a re-install of the OS, Uninstall ISWI first, and do a repair install of the OS, this way all your other applications won't need to be re-installed.

Good Luck.

Craig

Craig
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2001 - 22:31

Right on, that did the trick.
Thanks Art, I appreciate the tip.