This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Conversion of .WSE files to InstallShield files.

2 replies to this topic

PavanKumar1234

PavanKumar1234
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:03

We have several .wse files in our appliction. We have a licensed version of InstallShield Professional.

I heard that to convert from .wse files we need either InstallShield Premier or AdminStudio. Is that so?

Could someone please confirm.

Thanks in advance.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:30

I can't speak for AminStudio, but I have InstallShield Premier and wasn't aware of a built-in Wise converter.  I double checked the help though and didn't find any references to it.

user posted image

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 16:44

There's no automatic converter. But AdminStudio has a Repackager which you can use to detect the changes the Wise setup makes on a clean test system and build a MSI setup from this. (Note that you can't build a InstallScript project this way. The result would be a Basic MSI project).

InstallShield Premier (up to version 2012 Spring) also had a Repackager, which ownders could downöoad separately. This has been removed in version 2013 and is now exclusively in AdminStudio.