This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Windows 98 does not start after reboot

1 reply to this topic

EllisM001

EllisM001
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 15:34

Hi.
I use ISPSE 6.3.  I have used it with and without the latest updates from IS.

When I rebuild a particular VB project, the process works fine.  I then install it on Windows 98SE, which also works fine, then I reboot.  The network logon prompt appears, I log on, then nothing happens.  The desktop does not appear, then I get an Explorer Invalid Page Fault shell32 msg.  CTL-ALT-DEL is the only way to shutdown.

I have created a new IS project, and experience the same problems.  I have used IS on both Windows 2000 and Windows 98 to build the projects. I have tried an older project; that rebuilds, installs, and the PC reboots fine.

I am at a loss as to where to turn.  I have tried loads of fixes/procedures suggested on various websites, and the result is always the same.

By the way, I reload an image of the test machine partition everytime before I install the software, so it is always a "clean" system.  Internet Explorer 5 is installed, but no MS Office applications.

My project is installing the IS components VB6 Runtime, DAO with ODBC and Jet, and MDAC.  I have used this combination in the past with no problems.

Please help.  I hope this makes sense and is not a tall order :)

Thanks
Mike

EllisM001

EllisM001
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2002 - 12:07

I have solved my own problem.  I am using a WebBrowser control in my VB Project.  The target machines all have a minimum of IE5 on them, but this made no difference.  My dev pc has IE6, so this looks like it has to be installed as well.  This is not acceptable to my end-users, so I will re-work this part of the software.  Thanks.