This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Issue with replacing existing shortcut on upgrade

2 replies to this topic

flyincognito

flyincognito
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2002 - 22:23

Hey all,
I am having an issue with an upgrade installation. The upgrade seems to work properly, but I have a need to modify the existing shortcut to Uninstall the product. I am using the IDE resource panel to create a shortcut that is identical to the existing uninstall icon, but adds an UNINSTALL parameter to it. "Replace existing shortcut, if found" is set to Yes, however it is not actually replacing it. If I run the upgrade, the old icon remains. However, if I delete the previous uninstall shortcut manually, the new shortcut with the new parameter is installed. Is there a bug with the replace feature that I should know about?

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave Wilkinson
dave.wilkinson@givemepower.com

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 02 April 2002 - 04:05

I don't use the resource tab to create shortcuts, so I'm not sure if it's a bug.  I do it in my script instead.

However, if your shortcuts are NOT associated with a particular file group, you'll need to call CreateShellObjects("") somewhere in your script.
user posted image

flyincognito

flyincognito
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2002 - 17:39

Well, I normally would hand code it, but I need to pass a parameter to the .exe file, and it needs to reside outside of the quotation marks in the target path for some reason. For example, the code will do the following:

Target: "C:\Program Files\Application\program.exe PARAMETER"

Where I need:

Target: "C:\Program Files\Application\program.exe" PARAMETER

The parameter field in the IDE resources tab provides this functionality. And, my shortuct is indeed associated to a File Group, so in theory it should work properly.

Suggestions?

Regards,
D.