This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MSI engine

3 replies to this topic

zmfcat1

zmfcat1
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 22:31

Hi, I am building the setup.exe and have chosen the option to compress the 3.1 MSI engine into the setup package. My questions:-

1) Since MSI engine version 4.5 is out how can I package this version within the setup.exe instead of MSI engine 3.1. The interface does not give options to package another version

2) I found a case where my installer crashes sometimes with the MSIEXEC.exe application on Windows 2008. But if I install MSI engine 4.5 on the machine and then run my installer, the install succeeds without issues. Now my question is whether there is any interaction between the engine I package (3.1) and what is installed on the machine.

Appreciate your inputs. Thx.

Holger_G

Holger_G
  • Full Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:00

1) There are MSI 4.5 prerequisites available.

zmfcat1

zmfcat1
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 17:01

How can I detect that MSI version 4.5 is not installed already on the machine? Thanks.

Holger_G

Holger_G
  • Full Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:02

The default MSI 4.5 Prerequisites from Acresso are using a File Version condition (less than) on:

[SystemFolder]msi.dll