This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Remote Installation

1 reply to this topic

wym316

wym316
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 00:23

Our company uses InstallShield 6.3 and so far, the installation of our product has been very standard.  Now we are researching the capability of doing remote software installs by the network administrator onto workstations.  Personally, I have no experience with InstallShield and this sort of just fell into my lap but I did look over the 6.3 manual and I couldn't find this topic.  Looking into the InstallShield site provided little help as well as I'm not familiar with the jargon.  I'd just like to know if 1) this is possible with 6.3, and if not, 2) do I need an upgrade, and 3) some useful newbie links!  

TIA.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 01:45

Sorry, but IS Professional itself is NOT designed for network deployment.  They are other more expensive/sophisticated packages designed to do that.

InstallShield & Wise both have offerings along these lines, but I don't know the names of any of them, so you'd have to check their sites  You could also do a search on Google for "network deployment" and I know you'll find some hits.
user posted image