This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Generate command line version of software

6 replies to this topic

deepakagarwal83

deepakagarwal83
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:26

Hi,

I want to generate an executable which can be installed via command line. I am using Installshield professional 6.2 .
Can anybody help me any way to do it. I need it urgently.....

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:51

Search the help file for "InstallShield silent" to learn how to record a response file that will let you run the install silently.
If you want your setup to *always* run silently, you could reove all calls to dialog functions from the OnFirstUIBefore, OnMaintUIBefore, OnFirstUIAfter, OnMaintUIAfter events.

deepakagarwal83

deepakagarwal83
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 12:34

Thank you stefan

Edited by deepakagarwal83, 31 July 2008 - 12:35.

deepakagarwal83

deepakagarwal83
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 15:06

Hi,

In Automatic created setup.iss
When i change [{C774DG3-353D-4535-90D4-797DDBA33GF6}-DlgOrder] to
[DlgOrder] and wherever this string(C774DDG3-353D-4535-90D4-797DDBA33GF6) is written i have deleted, Now when i run the setup its not working. Its giving error code 3. But with default iss file its working fine.....

Please help me....
Thanks in advance

Regards
Deepak

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 14:55

Those project GUID references in the ISS file are necessary, so I must ask why are you hand modifying itin the first place? 'cause I think you are misunderstanding how silent installations behave.
user posted image

deepakagarwal83

deepakagarwal83
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 17:45

Hi Taco,

Actually in Install shield help document, sample .iss file is given. In that file GUID no is not specified. so i was trying without that....... Can we do uninstall the build in silent mode..........

Regards
Deepak

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 14:52

I looked at that help topic myself yesterday and the GUID is specified which is why they're included in the first place. Plus, it works with them in there, so why take 'em out?

As for uninstalling the build in silent mode, that can be accomplished and I recommend you check out this sample for the approach.
user posted image