This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Copy Paste Bug and Signature problem

1 reply to this topic

aford

aford
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 16:01

I thought I would save myself a little time by using Direct Editor to copy signature information from one of my test projects to one of my production projects.

I used two instances of IS Dev 8 to copy records from the DrLocator table of one project to the DrLocator table of another project.  When I pasted the records, IS Dev 8 added a sequential number in the Parent field of each record, even though the fields were null in the source project.

The project built without any errors.  However, the signature did not work and it did not generate any runtime errors.  Deleting the field in all DrLocator records solved my problem.

On a side note, I replicated the problem and ran my project through the build validations.  The validations did catch the error.  I guess the moral of the story is to always run the validations if something strange is going on.  It would have saved me an hour of troubleshooting :-)

I submitted a bug report to InstallShield.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 16:35

Is this a merge module project?