This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Issues with patch installation

1 reply to this topic

vps

vps
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2001 - 21:39

My present environment

I am using ISWI 1.52. I have created two MSI files old and new, with the new one having all the updated files. Using the ISWI patch wizard with these 2 msi files, I have created the .msp patch file. The log correctly identifies the updated files being added to the patch.

When I install this patch using the msiexec /p patch1.msp REINSTALLMODE=o, the patch files are correctly overwriting the existing file. But during this patch process, it asks the Original CD to be inserted.

The question:

1) Is there any way we can install this patch without this prompt for "Original CD".

2) I have one file which is in the original setup disks but not in patch disk. This file has been modified after the original installation when our application is used. The problem is when I install the patch, this file from original setup disk overwrites the current file in the machine and we loose all the settings. Why is this happening and how to avoid this.

3) If I have the patch disk on network drive and install it from there, I insert the "original CD" when it prompts and the patch process goes through. But if I put the patch disk in CD and install it from that, it prompts for "original CD' and then it gets into problem since it seems to be requiring access to both patch CD and Original CD at the same time. How to solve this situation.