This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Doing a minor upgrade install

1 reply to this topic

thil43

thil43
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 15:07

HI, I have created Setup_A for a given project. At a later point, I need to build a new setup, which I'll call Setup_B. Nothing has changed between Setup_A and Setup_B except for some of the dates of the modules included in the build. In Setup_A the files were dated 2/8/2008, in Setup_B, the files have been modified, and have a date of 3/11/2008.

I install Setup_A, and see all expected files. I then install Setup_B and I do receive the "this will perform an upgrade" dialog, then continue on with the install.

When Setup_B has been installed, I still see the 2/8/2008 date for the modified files, not 3/11/2008.

I thought I had everything covered. When I did the build for Setup_B, I did not change anything, just made that the components reflected the 3/11/2008 date (which they did), I did not change product version or product code (hence a minor upgrade), so why don't I see the modified modules with the 3/11/2008 date???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tim

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 14:52

If these files are versioned (DLLs, EXEs, and the like) Windows Installer doesn't look at the date, only at the version. Make sure you always increment the file version.