This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

RunTime error

3 replies to this topic

Donald Bristol

Donald Bristol
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 January 2002 - 23:09

I created a patch following the
outline on installsite.org.  When the patch is executed, I receive the
following error.
{Error 1309.Error reading from file: C:\Documents and
Settings\donaldb\Desktop\Lot27v8516_1\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
Shared\VBA\VBA6\vba6mtrt.dll.  System error 3.  Verify that the file
exists and that you can access it.
Error 1309.Error reading from file: C:\Documents and
Settings\donaldb\Desktop\Lot27v8516_1\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
Shared\VBA\VBA6\APC60.dll.  System error 3.  Verify that the file exists
and that you can access it.}
//Lot27v8516_1 -> is the previous version of the application,vba6mtrt.dll
and APC60.dll are Merge modules included in this version.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 January 2002 - 19:37

Did you add these merge modules for the first time in the new version? Didi you add them to an existing feature or to a new feature? The latter is required in Windows Installer 1.x

Donald Bristol

Donald Bristol
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 January 2002 - 18:25

The Merge Modules were included in the original package.  I deleted all of the Merge  Modules from my latest  installation package (I don't want to patch them), the patch runs without any error, however, many files are removed.  When  launch the application it tries to replace the missing files.  I then edited the upgrade table, like you suggested in another thread, but this did not work because the files are still deleted.  This is a minor upgrade, I just want to add some new files and fixes with some existing files.  I'm using ISWI 2.03.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 January 2002 - 22:08

Upgrade table will only work in major upgrade, not in minor update (i.e. product code changes)

When creating a new version you want to distribute as patch, you should not add components (or merge modules) to features. And the newer package (that you use to create the patch) must be complete. You must not remove components (or merge modules) that you want to keep.