This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

how to hide a feature upon selection

3 replies to this topic

haroldxious

haroldxious
  • Full Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:19

i want to hide certain feature when i select a certain radio button...

im searching the internet and tried the solutions but nothing had happened..

ive tried using nResult = FeatureSetData( MEDIA, "feature", FEATURE_FIELD_VISIBLE, FALSE, ""); but didnt work.

then im trying to do the changing of Install level...but how do i implement that?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 22:03

That's only for InstalLScript. You are build a Basic MSI project (or you are in the wrong section of the forum). You could do this using feature conditions, but the selection must be made before the CostFinalioze action and can't be changed 8users can't go back and change the selection). So in most cases this is not really feasible.

haroldxious

haroldxious
  • Full Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 06:09

i see....
i thought i coud have some script and call it in a custom action the call the custom action using DoAction in the dialog events...

so basically in basic msi there is no way of hiding a certain features? so theres no need for me to have a AskOption Dialog?

suggestions would be really much be appreciated

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 15:20

You can't hide it if you use the FeatureTree dialog. You could however build a dialog with check boxes which you can make visible or invisible as you like. Then you can use the checkbox states to select the appropritae features, using control events like AddLocal or Remove. This way you lose the enhanced functionality that the feature tree dialog provides, like giving users the option to select "install on first use" for a feature etc.