This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MS .NET Framework 1.1 Object

2 replies to this topic

delamere

delamere
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 12:25

Hi Folks,
How can I use the "MS .NET Framework 1.1 Object".
After installing the extra download that contains the MS .NET Framework 1.1 Object, I was expecting it to appear in the Redistributables pane - but it didn't.

I'm using InstallShield X SP1.

Thanks for any help,
Marc

cooki

cooki
  • Full Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 14:18

That's absolutely normal.
"MS .NET Framework 1.1 Object" is an msi setup, and you cannot let your msi-setup install it, since when your setup would be uninstalled, the framework would too.

The proper way to install the .NET Framework is to install it is through the setup.exe, so you have togo in the "Releases" view, select your release, then set "Setup launcher" to "yes" and change ".NET Framework location".

delamere

delamere
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 16:55

What I don't want to do is install the .NET Framework through the Releases panel - as that would do it for all features. I want the installation of the Framework to be determined by which actual features were selected by the user at install time.

Having found out more, I think it hinges on what type of project I'm using:
I think the solution is to switch from an InstallScript MSI project to a pure InstallScript project, then the Framework appears in the Objects panel and can be turned on for specific features.

As you say, the problem with an InstallScript MSI project is that it will conflict with the MSI behind the .NET Framwork 1.1 object.

It's a shame there's the complication of InstallScript Projects vs Basic MSI projects vs InstallScript MSI projects - rather than one type. I know there's technical reasons for the differences but they're mainly historical is that hysterical wink.gif

Regards,
Marc