This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Unreadable uninstall message

5 replies to this topic

woodle

woodle
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 15:37

Hello,
i have repack a application and make my finish in InstallShield 2010 Professional - AdminStudio Edition.
The msi works fine, but on the uninstall-window the text is not readable, like missing a font (see picture).
This problem is on windows xp sp3 and windows vista x64 machines. On the Vista machines, i mean, it's even on the install dialog.

Can anyone help me with that.

Thanks.

Michael

Attached Images

• uninstall.jpg

nszk

nszk
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 14:57

Hello,

No, the default font is tahoma and it still present on all windows distributions, you can see that the version is visible.

i think it's a problem with the characters encoding.

but i cannot help you , sorry sad.gif
Nicolas SZIKLAI.

woodle

woodle
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 15:58

OK. Thank you.
I open a SR for that.
Michael

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:46

The font looks smaller than normal. Do you have high-DPI settings or anything like that? Or maybe the font is actually missing on the system and being replaced by some other font.
I'm not even sure this dialog is coming from InstallShield. It could be Windows Installer's built in progress dialog. What happens if you call:
msiexec.exe /i your.msi REMOVE=ALL /qb
This would skip the dialogs authored in your setup and use Windows Installer's built in dialogs instead.

nszk

nszk
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:01

Hello Stefan,

I mean that the same fonts is used on the labels and buttons. So why we can read the button content and not labels ?

It's very strange !

Michael , have you tried to update windows installer ?

What's the default location options of your windows ?
Nicolas SZIKLAI.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 15:21

No, the font (or at least the font size) is clearly different.