This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Deafault Value of _BrowseProperty

1 reply to this topic

sanjoygr

sanjoygr
  • Full Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 12:25

1. I want to add a the property _BrowseProperty in Property manager.

To do this I have to set a value Should it be 0 or c:\ ?

If I add _BrowseProperty in property manager is it required to edit Directory table
using Direct Editor. What should be the values for Directory_Parent and Default Dir for directory _BrowseProperty

2. I want to know what is name of the property that will browse only the drive available is it ROOTDIR?

3. Is there any event that will create the foldername in a said directory if the foder does not exist .

Edited by sanjoygr, 30 March 2006 - 12:51.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 14:03

Please read up about the _BrowseProperty. It looks like you didn't understand its purpose.
1. I want to add a the property _BrowseProperty in Property manager.
Usually the value is the name of another property. That is: _BrowseProperty is an indirect property. It is usually set on a dialog, not in Property manager.
If I add _BrowseProperty in property manager is it required to edit Directory table
Why? _BrowseProperty isn't a directoy, so there's no need to add it to the Directory table.
3. Is there any event that will create the foldername in a said directory if the foder does not exist .
I guess the InstallFiles action will do that while the MSI Script is executed (script execution phase of the install transaction)