This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Text Files

4 replies to this topic

Steve Lindeberg

Steve Lindeberg
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2001 - 16:40

When I close a text file using CloseFile(), a binary character is printed to the file.  Why is that, and how can I get rid of it?
Thanks.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 October 2001 - 20:15

Which version are you using? This is a known bug that is fixed since version 5.52

Steve Lindeberg

Steve Lindeberg
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2001 - 16:09

Perhaps I am out of luck.  I am using Installshield for Microsoft Visual C++ 6 (Build-130)

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 October 2001 - 16:20

I believe that's a limited 5.0 version.

Maybe you can use a ListWriteToFile in combination with other List functions to work around the problem. Take a look at the sample "Replacement for FileInsertLine()" here on InstallSite under IS5/6 Sampples -> Components and Files. It's probably quite similar to what you need.

Steve Lindeberg

Steve Lindeberg
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2001 - 14:21

Thank you very much.  It is a limited 5.0 release, yet it ships with the current Microsoft Visual C++ compiler.  I used ListWriteToFile() and it works perfectly. In fact, this turns out to be a better solution to my problem.  I appreciate the fast response; I am again in debt to this site.