This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Component Transfer Error Win 98

2 replies to this topic

dcook

dcook
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 23:47

On a windows 98 machine I receive a component transfer error part way thru the install (Pro 7.0) . It's a windows 98 machine that had the same program built with Pro 6.21. Tried all of the standard work arounds no luck. HELP!!!

Nash

Nash
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 December 2002 - 18:17

Does the Component Transfer Dialogue give you any indication of the FileGroup that is causing the problem. Maybe try removing that FileGroup, recompile and run again to see if that was causing the problem

I had a similar problem when using a Script defined variable. For some reason IS just lost the value and the installer would crash with that dialogue.

Also, when I moved from IS 6.1 to IS7 I lost some of the Project settings. Check out the
Project Menu > Settings > Platform dialogue and make sure Windows 98 is checked.
Good luck

prozacrefugee

prozacrefugee
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 21:10

I had a problem somewhat similar - 2 things you might want to try.

1.) If you have modified any project settings, go back to an unmodified version if you can. Otherwise just do this to the current. Go into the directory where your setup project is and delete the ._ip file, Description.txt, Notes.txt, and Instructions.txt.

2) If you upgraded, you can only upgrade once on a lot of the versions. We ran into this when we went from 6.3-->7.0-->7.1 . You need to take the setup directly from where it was created (6.3 in my case) to the version you are working with now (7.1)