This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Program Registration

2 replies to this topic

griedel

griedel
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2001 - 16:58

I am new to the world of msi's. I am working on packaging Flash 5.0 for distribution to a lab. The program has been registered already and I want to disable the registration window that comes up when the program is started. If I cancel the registration the program will not run. I have looked all over the package for the file that either tells it to run or is the file that runs with no success. For others I have found the Eula.ini but this one does not have it. What else should I look for?

rjtonnis

rjtonnis
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 October 2001 - 20:59

You have checked the registry haven't you.  You can export the registry to a text file before and after you run the install.  Then use windiff.exe to compare the before and after snapshots.

griedel

griedel
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2001 - 16:58

I am using Veritas Discover for packaging so the msi is contained in a folder with the files and folders needed for the application. I have explored those files and have come up with nothing. I don't know what I am looking for....  Any help is greatly appreciated.... Thanks to all.