This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Running setup remotely using Terminal Server

1 reply to this topic

Dell2

Dell2
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2002 - 15:00

We are trying to run our setup remotely using Terminal Server client. We are finding that self-registering files are not being registered which causes our software to "not work". Previously, we had been using PCAnywhere for remote installations and we had no problems.

Has anyone else had any experience with trying to run setup remotely using Terminal Server?

Xitch13

Xitch13
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 22:26

Yes, I had exactly the same experience.  The files do not register correctly.  Fortunately I have field techs I can send to install what needs to be installed.  But I don't see why you couldn't register the files that need registering manually after the installer is run.  Just open a DOS window and do it manually.  Keep in mind, I've personally never tried this, but it's worth a try.  

Give this a go, and if you need me to walk you through the process, just email me.  ccrook@catechnology.com

There is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent. (Mao Tse Tung)