This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to tell if reboot is scheduled?

1 reply to this topic

tnation

tnation
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2002 - 23:32

How do I tell if there is a reboot scheduled? I need to run a program at the end of an install including after the reboot if there is one.

I have got my program set to launch with the RunOnce registry entry but the problem is if the installer requires a reboot then it will attempt to run my program before completing the rest of the install.

I have checked the BATCH_INSTALL variable but it has not helped. I even tried forcing a reboot at the end of the install (just to try to get something consistant) using the SdFinishReboot but then when the install has determined that it needs to reboot it prompts the user twice.

I am not sure where installshield is getting this other information from or why I am not able to see the code that is causing it (there are no other instances of BATCH_INSTALL or SdFinishReboot in my script). I purchased this product as an upgrade from Express but when I do not have access to what is happening I am not sure how much of an upgrade this is.

kmackey

kmackey
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 22:46

Check the registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager

and look for the value named

PendingFileRenameOperations

PendingFileRenameOperations has a multi-string value.