This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Basic MSI Language transformation file issue

3 replies to this topic

mangalore.vinay

mangalore.vinay
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 00:12

I have a created Basic MSI setup program, I have 5 different language supported for my application. I am facing little weird issues.

For eg : I have installed my application in Russian language, and I am doing the major upgrade. It prompts the language dialog and I select the German. When installation continues, all the dialog appeared in German, when application installation progress messages are appearing in the Russian language (that means my older transformation file) I would expect the language to be in German which selected before starting the installation.

If I see the log file, when performing the custom action it try to access C:\Windows\Installer\{Product code GUID} and pick the 1049.mst file. I have no idea why this is behaving like this.

I believe I am missing something to handle the different language installation.

Please help how I can resolve this issue.? I would like to see all the text in one language not in mixed language.

I have attached a picture, It will give more clear idea about my issue.

Thanks in advance.
--
Vinay

Attached Images

• Issue1.jpg

Edited by mangalore.vinay, 11 September 2012 - 00:15.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:45

Does the progress message switch to Portugese later on? Note that a Major Upgrade will first uninstall the old version (and I guess it's using the old transform with this) and then install the new version. So you may see the "uninstalling old version" message in Russian.
(I don't know Russian nor Portugese, so I can't verify this in your screenshot)

mangalore.vinay

mangalore.vinay
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 16:39

Thanks Stefan..

You are correct, Text's appears only for uninstall the previous version. However is that the right behavior, User may expect to see all the text in the langaugae he selected.

Anyways it is a default behavior of install-shield I believe.

--
Vinay

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 17:14

During uninstall of the old version, the old msi runs. And this can only use the transform that was specified during instalaltion, not some other transform from the new version (which might be a complete new/different product). This is by desgin of MSI (not InstallShield).