This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

SQL Script Execution Log

3 replies to this topic

vijijs

vijijs
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 09:00

I need to log the sql script execution during the installation. The script error handling provides only three option, theo first option is "On Error, Goto Next Script", the second option is "On Error, Goto Next Statement" and the third option is "On Error, Abort Installation". My requirement is similar to the second option but needs to log the errors and should proceeds with next statement. How to do that? Please reply me ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 13:11

When you select the abort option your setup will display an error message that includes error information from SQL Server. I don't know but maybe it writes the same information to the msi log (if you generate one) if you select the continue option. Other than that I don#t think there's a way to do it using InstallShield's built in SQL functionality.

vijijs

vijijs
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 11:12

You said that there is a way it will write into the msi log. Where I can find this file after the script exeuction? Do I need to set any conifiguration setting to make it enable the msi log to log the script execution? How to log the script exeuction in the msi log? Please repspond me ASAP.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 13:34

I said:
I don't know but maybe it writes the same information to the msi log

which mean that I don't know if it does this, I just think it *might*. There's no setting or option for this.