This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Dynamic License Agreement

4 replies to this topic

Ajawl

Ajawl
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 November 2001 - 10:44

I need to show a License Agreement that is stored in the CD used during the installation.
For that, I am tring to set a "dynamic path" for the file path of the MEMO component on the LicenseAgreement Dialog.
But it seems that the path for the MEMO component is hard locked and this path is used during the build time.

Can I set this path to look for the file path only during the installation time?
Is there another component that I can use?

Thank you for your help,
Ajawl

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 22 November 2001 - 11:01

Unfortunately the text of this control is stored in the control itself.  It does not come from a file (or the binary table).   To make matters worse although the 'text' field of a control is of type formatted the documentation says formatting is not expanded to include properties etc.

You may be able to modify the text of the control using a custom action.

Ajawl

Ajawl
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 November 2001 - 11:37

How can I modify the text of this control using a custom action?

Thanks,
Ajawl

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 26 November 2001 - 12:57

This is not straight forward.  You do it with an SQL query.  There are many examples modifying tables.  So if you look around these forums, this sight and the InstallShield knowledge base you will find articles that will set you off on the right track. The most common application is adding lines to list boxes.  

I am sorry that I will not add more I am very busy at the moment.

Ajawl

Ajawl
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 November 2001 - 13:03

That is OK. Thank you for your help.

Ajawl