This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

error 110

2 replies to this topic

spdygnlz

spdygnlz
  • Full Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 20:46

I can't figure this one out...

When I build my project, it gets most of the way done (finishes adding the features to the cab file), but then has this error:

ISDEV : error 110: Fatal error "The system cannot find the file specified."

I've checked to make sure all of the files are there.

I came across a thread that said that IS had a problem if you have a huge amount of files. I have 19. Another post said that it has something to do with the String table and that I just need to add a new entry in the string table. I did and I'm still getting the error.

I'm building a single exe image.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening or something I could try to fix it? Thanks!

-- spdygnlz --

spdygnlz

spdygnlz
  • Full Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 20:59

Something interesting... I found that if I build with the Standalone build, it builds just fine. I only see the problem in the IDE.

-- spdygnlz --

spdygnlz

spdygnlz
  • Full Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 16:39

OK, here's the latest development...

I am doing the development on a Windows 2003 Server machine which I access through Windows' built in Remote Desktop Connection. I noticed that every time I get the 110 error, I get a message that shows up directly on the server (not through the Remote Desktop) that says:

"Windows - Delayed Write Failed"
"Windows was unable to save all the data for the file \PathToRelaseFolder\Disk Images\Disk1\CABF0.tmp. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere."

I get one of these messages on the server for each time I try to compile and fail. Kinda sounds like either windows or InstallShield is getting confused with the windows user accounts or something. I'm guessing it's InstallShield since the StandAlone build can compile it just fine.

Anybody have any work arounds or suggestions?

-- spdygnlz --