This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Silent Unistallation

2 replies to this topic

vijaybr

vijaybr
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:22

Hi. all

huh.gif

I just saw the references for non silent uninstallation in msi project all they say is just have to include the commandline MsiExec.exe /X{GUID}..

It works fine when i run through command editor...and it wil unistall the product depending on the guid
but when i include that commandline in msi project in executalbes of path in property value and give the path of msiexec.exe that is C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe it is giving 1722 or 1721 error..

for path i have created New Set Property and named it MYPATH and property value i have given is C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe, Install UI Sequence is After Set Up Initialization,

Create another custom action by selecting the New Exe with Path in property value. Then select the MYPATH in executable property and in commandline give the condition as /X{Product GUID} , then give AfterFinalize in InstallUISequence and Not Installed in InstallUICondition....

when i did this the installer gives 1721 and 1722 error..but the command line working fine in commandeditor..

if this works in command editor it should work in basic msi installshield installer ..
i know some where i am doing mistake please guide me how to write command line in basic msi by creating custom action..
regards thanks in advance..

unsure.gif

vijaybr

vijaybr
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 06:01

or can just some one tell me how to include a commandline in custom actions in basic msi project

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 07:58

The problem is that you cannot run two msi setups at the same time, so you can't call msiexec from a custom action. Instead you could perform a Major Upgrade which will automatically uninstall the existing version.