This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Change Product name via product version

Best Answer Glytzhkof , 27 June 2014 - 17:14

Possible if you use major upgrades at least. I don't think this would work for patching, at least not in earlier versions of the Windows Installer engine. Besides, including the version in the product name is not good practice.

Go to the full post

3 replies to this topic

julienpec

julienpec
  • Full Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:08

Hi people,

Is there a way the change the product name in fonction of the product version ?

For example, if my product name is : BCU 1.0.0,  is it possible if i install a patch 1.0.1, that my product name changes to BCU 1.0.1 ?

I have thought it would have been possible to call my product name : BCU [ProductVersion]    (ProductVersion being the product version property), but it doesnt work of course :P.

Thanks you :)

Julien

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 17:14   Best Answer

Possible if you use major upgrades at least. I don't think this would work for patching, at least not in earlier versions of the Windows Installer engine. Besides, including the version in the product name is not good practice.

Regards
-Stein Åsmul

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:03

>including the version in the product name is not good practice.
I'll second that.

- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

julienpec

julienpec
  • Full Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:15

thanks