This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

2343 - path not set

3 replies to this topic

SkipSailors

SkipSailors
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 April 2001 - 22:38

I have a Change button in a dialog that triggers a SpawnDialog to one called InstallCahangeFolder.  The Change button appears, but when I press it, instead of the dialog to change folders, I get an error 2342, which the documentationsays is "Path is empty"

ISWI 1.52 if that makes a difference.  What am I looking for?

TIA

SteveP

SteveP
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 April 2001 - 00:28

It sounds as though you are going to the equivalent of a BrowseDlg without setting the _BrowseProperty beforehand.  If you are using a Directory or DirectoryList control, you also have to have a PathEdit control that is initialized when you open your dialog.

Since you are spawning a child dialog, you can use a temporary variable and set it to the initial value you want with the pushbutton control ... or you can set it with an edit control or a fixed property.  The point is that you have to initialize your selection controls, one way or another.

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 April 2001 - 00:55

For step by step instructions on how to do this with InstallShield, look in the InstallShield knowledge base for article Q103318.