This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Override Selected Theme in a Second Release...

2 replies to this topic

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 03:32

I'm wondering if there is a way to have different dialog images (Themes) for different releases. I'm going to have two releases set up which will be differentiated by feature inclusion based on Release Flags in the same Basic msi project.

I'm wondering if there is a way to have the installs compiled with Release Configuration 1 graphics and Release Configuration 2 graphics.

I see a Path Variable override and was hoping I could leverage that, but it doesn't appear that the themes are referenced through the Path Variables.

Any ideas as to whether this is doable?

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 04:33

I think I actually figured this out.

I created a Path Variable to the Theme Folder for the base release.
In the Binary Table in Direct Editor I changed the paths to the Welcome/Banner images to reference the new variable.
In the Release I then used the Path Variable override on the second release configuration to point to a different theme folder.

After compiling the second release it displayed the desired, different images in the dialog installs!!!

deramor

deramor
  • Full Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:18

Another option could have been to provide the path variable override on the command line at build time. Either way works. I've never thought about doing what you tried to do. You might want to submit an enhancement request to flexeria to use release flags to alter dialog layout, graphics, and general theme. I doubt that you could even switch between the built in themes as easily as what you just did.