This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

IIS7 AppPool and .Net 4

2 replies to this topic

eseilram

eseilram
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 15:28

We're facing a real big problem:

We upgraded our solution to .Net4
But how can I set an application pool to this version and link my application to this pool?

I'm able to run a custom action that sets my pool to .Net 4, but there's always an app pool "ASP.NET v4.0 <myPoolName>" created and my application is linked to this pool.

Is this CA executed to late in the sequence?
I'm using InstallShield 2009 Premier

I'm using
I need urgent help!

Thanks in advance

vPanchumarthi

vPanchumarthi
  • Full Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 16:49

hi,

Not quite sure that I understand what you are saying. Do u mean that always ur application is getting created under the APPPOOL of "ASP.NET v4.0 <myPoolName>" ?

the best way I presume is, before creating APPPOOL, first find out whether the target system is having which version of .net and use custom action depends up onthe version and go ahead in creating the applicationpool

Edited by vPanchumarthi, 22 September 2010 - 16:50.

eseilram

eseilram
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:23

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

Of course I deploy .net4 first as prerequesite.
As my version of InstallShield doesn't support .net4 and iis7 the windows installer regognizes an old apppool and the target version and creates this.

So I wrote a CA which calls appcmd in the case of IIS7 creates and links the application to this pool.

And yesterday I downloaded a trial version of InstallShield 2011 and solved the problem in a minute.

Regards