This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

"New Folder" button

2 replies to this topic

vishwa

vishwa
  • Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 21:45

Hello All,

I use AskPath() to get a path from the user. The problem of using AskPath() is that there is no button to create a new folder. The browse button in any of the dialogs leads me to a dialog which does not have the "new folder" icon or button.

Is there any dialog that contains a button to create a new folder? Is there any way I can do it?

Thanks,
Vishwa

Ozone

Ozone
  • Full Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 22:19

You need to validate the path that the user typed in.
Then display AskYesNo(svMsg,YES). If the user answers YES, you create the path using CreateDir ( TARGETDIR );

CODE

again:  // Used if an invalid TARGETDIR is input

nResult = AskPath ( "" , "" , TARGETDIR ); // Display dialog here

if nResult = BACK then
   goto skip;
endif;

// Filter the input TARGETDIR for valid characters and valid path
if TARGETDIR = "" then // entered a blank
   MessageBox( "You entered a blank entry for the path.\n\n   Try another path." , INFORMATION );
   goto again;
elseif (ExistsDir ( TARGETDIR ) < 0 ) then // Check for valid path
   nResult = AskYesNo("Path does not exists.\n\nDo you want to create this path? \n\n" + TARGETDIR , YES);
   if nResult = YES then  
       CreateDir ( TARGETDIR );
   else
       goto again:
   endif;
endif;

skip:
return nResult;  

vishwa

vishwa
  • Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 15:03

Thank you very much for your reply. Though this allows the user to enter a new path, and solves my problem, I actually wanted to know if there was a way to have a "New folder" button in the Browse dialog. All the dialogs that have a Browse button, pop up a dialog that allows us to select only a folder that exists. It does not give us an option to create a new folder. I was wondering if it is possible to obtain that.

Thanks,
Vishwa